Personalized Landing Pages: A Recipe for Success
To truly succeed as a landing page chef, you need the competitive advantages that will keep you ahead of the curve.
In previous posts, I discussed the importance of landing pages as a valuable marketing tool, and suggested guidelines to design powerful landing pages and craft a comprehensive conversion rate optimization strategy. This time, let’s dig deeper into the role of personalization as key component of landing page optimization.
— Dynamic Yield (@DynamicYield) February 18, 2015
Creating powerful landing pages is much like the art of cooking. To truly succeed as a landing page chef, you need the competitive advantages that will keep you ahead of the curve. Even with the best training, freshest ingredients, and state-of-the-art kitchen, it’s still a challenge to whip up hundreds of original, gourmet dishes that keep diners coming back for more. In an online marketplace that has adopted landing page optimization as a basic practice, anything less than a steady increase in conversions means you fall behind. It is your responsibility to take advantage of technology to support your quest for a landing page experience that dazzles the sense.
Personalization technology is a great example of a powerful tool that delivers that competitive edge to the landing page optimizer. The more the landing page connects with your customers, the more likely it is to convert. What if you could make that connection automatically, based on data already available to you? No matter how well crafted a static landing page is, a personalized experience will offer a dramatically more compelling advantage. Building upon customer data such as geo-location, time, and past behavior – dynamically generated, personalized content will out-perform the static control virtually every time.
Landing Page Personalization Recipe
What you’ll need:
- 1 landing page generator
Work with an intuitive system to create tens or hundreds of landing page variations, complete with condition-based targeting capabilities.
- Extra rich customer data sets (as much as you can get your hands on)
These could include name, company, gender, behavioral history, geographic location, past interests and so forth.
- 1 super smart conversion optimization platform to bring it all together
Maximize ROI and make automated content delivery decisions on the fly.
- 2 bottles of festive alcohol
- Profile the target audience by customer persona based on relevant demographics, interest level, visiting stage, online behavior and so on.
- Determine the specific content you want to deliver to each persona.
- Create different landing pages for each persona.
- Personalize the landing pages with dynamic content variations. Test different combinations of wording, visuals, and calls-to-action – ultimately tailored per customer.
- Sit back, relax and share one bottle while the personalized landing pages do all the work.
- Celebrate with bottle no. 2 once the results start rolling in
Recipe Notes: This recipe is just a starting point . Definitely improvise and put your own experience and culture into the dish. Have fun with it.
Getting Through Challenges
One of the biggest landing page challenges for marketers is getting a landing page built and optimized (click to tweet). It has been shown that both B2B and B2C companies with more than 40 landing pages can generate 10 times more leads than those with only 1 to 5 landing pages (source).
Get in touch to learn how you can increase conversions and sales lift with personalized landing pages.