Dynamic Yield Launches New Solution to Turn High Mobile Traffic Into Sales
Dynamic Yield releases mobile personalization for the modern customer journey. Conceive, build and deliver personalized experiences, without ongoing IT help.
Powerful mobile personalization designed for the modern customer journey.
NEW YORK — April 25th, 2017 — Dynamic Yield, the personalization technology stack, announced today the launch of a new mobile web personalization solution designed to help convert mobile eCommerce traffic. While mobile traffic to eCommerce websites is skyrocketing, retailers are struggling to convert mobile visitors into paying customers. According to Dynamic Yield’s analysis on 50 million shoppers, mobile accounts for 60% of online traffic but contributed to only 16% of purchases due in large part to consumers being turned off by lackluster and cumbersome mobile shopping experiences.
A research report from Dynamic Yield titled, The State of Mobile Commerce: Poor Design, Lack of Convenience and Frustrated Shoppers, has found that only 12% of shoppers find mobile web to be the most convenient medium for shopping. Additional highlights from the report include:
- Only 19% of the users think that shopping on a mobile phone is more convenient than shopping on a desktop.
- 67% of shoppers say that the main impediment to shopping on the mobile phone is that they find links and pages too small to click on.
- Only 30% of the users felt that they browsed more on the mobile device, the shopping experience became more relevant to them.
“The good news is that the ubiquity of smartphones has caused eCommerce traffic to spike on mobile devices. The bad news is that this traffic has gone largely to waste because the experience hasn’t been optimized to reflect the mobile buyer journey,” said Liad Agmon, CEO of Dynamic Yield. “Our research shows that the companies that are able to tackle this massive opportunity are going to be uniquely positioned to grow their market share by accounting for the fundamental shift in customer behavior. By creating tailor made personalization solutions for mobile web, we are enabling the top retailers to gain a comprehensive view of their customers and bring them the type of experience that will turn mobile traffic into mobile purchases.”
The Dynamic Yield mobile web personalization engine will include the following capabilities:
(1) United Customer Profiles: Use insights gleaned from mobile and cross-device to target valuable customer segments. Segment by user behavior, device type, element clicks, geo-location, local weather forecast, past purchases and more.
(2) Easy-to-Use Native Mobile Navigation: Dynamic Yield’s pre-defined templates and widgets create a customer experience designed for the mobile web. Easily implement scrollable category carousels, floating cart reminder, 1:1 messaging and more without any development resources.
(3) Powerful and Robust Product Recommendations: Tailor recommendations based on cross-device data, create mobile friendly layouts, easily insert recommendations anywhere on your site, fuse multiple recommendation strategies into the same recommendation unit and more.
(4) Personalized Mobile Layouts: Dynamically rearrange elements, menu items, and categories to serve customized layouts according to each mobile visitor’s preferences. Dynamic Yield allows marketers to move beyond just changing banners and buttons to personalizing all aspects including layout, menu bars, checkout flow and more.
(5) Omni-Channel Synchronicity: Users who visited a retailer’s mobile app or opened a promotional email, but did not complete a purchase, can be uniquely targeted with personalized offers on desktop and mobile web.
Dynamic Yield’s mobile web solutions are currently available to all customers. Additionally, to help retailers visualize a personalized mobile web experience, Dynamic Yield has built a demo tool that allows users to plug their mobile URLs to preview personalized mobile web experiences on their site. Please contact us for more information.
More information about tailoring personalized experiences for the mobile web can be found at:
About Dynamic Yield
Dynamic Yield’s personalization technology stack helps marketers increase revenue by automatically personalizing each customer interaction across the web, mobile web, mobile apps and email. Our advanced customer segmentation engine uses machine learning to build actionable customer segments in real time, enabling marketers to take instant action via personalization, recommendations, automatic optimization & real-time messaging. Dynamic Yield personalizes the experiences of more than 500 million users globally and counts industry leaders like Under Armour, Europe’s fashion leader LaModa, Liverpool Football Club among its many customers. Based in New York, the company has more than 100 employees across North America, Europe & Asia.
Mukund Ramachandran, VP Marketing