Who we are
Dynamic Yield’s personalization technology stack helps marketers increase revenue by automatically personalizing each customer interaction across the web, mobile web, mobile apps and email. The company’s advanced customer segmentation engine uses machine learning to build actionable customer segments in real time, enabling marketers to take instant action via personalization, recommendations, automatic optimization & real-time messaging - in a single platform.
Why work here
These are the perks and the benefits which await you when you join our team.
Fueled minds start with square meals. Our offices provide healthy snack options to keep you productive throughout the day.
We keep the team spirit going at all times, with numerous events and activities happening in the office, but also outside of the office.
We’re not here to police your “me time.” Take the right balance of personal days off so you can always be fully on.
This isn’t some little startup anymore. We’ve spent the last six years building a company that you can feel secure about. And as one of the fastest growing tech companies, we want you to help us grow, too.
About Our Ruby on Rails Developer
Dynamic Yield is on the lookout for an insightful and engaged Ruby on Rails Developer. This role serves as the foundational aspect of our R&D teams and products within Dynamic Yield, developing and maintaining a large number of platforms and projects is critical to the the company’s core success. In addition to backend knowledge of Ruby, the RoR Developer will be responsible for integrating front-end elements; understanding how those front-end technologies integrate with the back-end programming is a must.
Our Ruby on Rails Developer will be expected to develop new applications centered around Dynamic Yield’s customers’ current and future needs, maintain and assess all existing applications currently serving internal teams and external clients, and writing clear code within Ruby that continues Dynamic Yield’s status as a world-class technology provider. Our RoR Developer will be a team player who can effectively communicate and be responsive across a multitude of disciplines and departments.
- Research & develop documentation best practices and tools used to implement detailed APIs for internal development purposes
- Help expose public facing APIs which will allow our customers to build components over our technologies and products
- Develop and maintain the front and back end of the DY codebase
- Create and maintain server-side authentication components
- Identify bugs and inefficiencies in code and help come up with solutions to address these issues
- Primarily Develop features on Ruby on Rails FE app
- Write clear, efficient, scalable, and maintainable code
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews
- Participate regularly in an Agile team environment and schedule
- Collaborate with Product Managers/CS team on next features and user friendly applications
Optimal Skills for Success:
- 5+ years development experience using Ruby on Rails
- Strong experience with Rails 4,5 conventions, e.g. organization, asset pipeline, etc.
- Strong experience developing and integrating Rails Engines
- Strong experience with TDD and RSpec
- Strong experience with Git, Jira, and team-based development concepts and tools
- Experience developing on ecommerce platforms and/or using Elasticsearch, Redis are a big plus
- Experience developing and launching Rails configurations over docker is an advantage
- Experience with applications deployed to the AWS ecosystem are a plus
- Must be a collaborative team player who can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment (startup experience is a plus)
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience