Who we are
Dynamic Yield’s personalization technology stack helps marketers increase revenue by automatically personalizing each customer interaction across the web, mobile web, mobile apps and email. The company’s advanced customer segmentation engine uses machine learning to build actionable customer segments in real time, enabling marketers to take instant action via personalization, recommendations, automatic optimization & real-time messaging - in a single platform.
Why work here
These are the perks and the benefits which await you when you join our team.
Fueled minds start with square meals. Our offices provide healthy snack options to keep you productive throughout the day.
We keep the team spirit going at all times, with numerous events and activities happening in the office, but also outside of the office.
This isn’t some little startup anymore. We’ve spent the last six years building a company that you can feel secure about. And as one of the fastest growing tech companies, we want you to help us grow, too.
About Our Backend Developer
Dynamic Yield is on the lookout for an exceptional Senior Backend Developer focused on constructing better, more efficient programs and inspiring teams to build innovative and inspiring end-user experiences. The role requires a mind for collaboration, a motivated spirit, and the experience to repeatedly innovate solutions. Dynamic Yield prides itself on its ability to deliver top shelf services to clients; our Senior Backend Developer must be able to give working functionality to front-end code and solidly deliver on client expectations.
Through his or her understanding of an array of programming languages/tools and by staying current on industry developments, the Senior Backend Developer will lead development teams in creating seamless experiences for users. Dynamic Yield is a company rooted in collaboration and creativity and is looking for excellence in project management, the ability to effectively communicate through multiple channels, and high-functioning interpersonal skills - all are critical for this role’s success.
- Develop software for our various recommendation systems and data collection pipe lines using well known technologies and platforms
- Deliver quality product and content recommendations in a low-latency environment from multiple data centers
- Debugging meaningful technical issues inside a very deep and complex technical stack involving virtualization, containers, micro services, etc.
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams in developing and planning new features as well as improving and optimizing our existing platforms
- Suggest new programs, products, and features based off of an understanding of current industry trends and development
- Lead development teams and ensure product deadlines are delivered
Optimal Skills for Success:
- Strong technical skills and a passion for developing features end-to-end
- Understanding of product and a passion for building software that provides a great experience
- Team player, strong communication skills, and empathy
- Degree in Computer Science from a major institution with 3+ years of relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge in at least one of the following programming languages Scala / Java or other JVM language
- Good familiarity with a NoSQL database
- Experienced in AWS offerings and administration
- Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes, ECS containerization technologies
- Experienced in building highly available distributed systems
- Have an intimate knowledge of platforms (Kafka, Spark, Flink, Celery, Akka, GRPC) and databases (Redis, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MySql, HBase)
- Know how to program in a common scripting language such as Python, Node.JS.