Who we are
Dynamic Yield’s personalization technology stack helps marketers increase revenue by automatically personalizing each customer interaction across the web, mobile web, mobile apps and email. The company’s advanced customer segmentation engine uses machine learning to build actionable customer segments in real time, enabling marketers to take instant action via personalization, recommendations, automatic optimization & real-time messaging - in a single platform.
Why work here
These are the perks and the benefits which await you when you join our team.
Fueled minds start with square meals. Our offices provide healthy snack options to keep you productive throughout the day.
We keep the team spirit going at all times, with numerous events and activities happening in the office, but also outside of the office.
This isn’t some little startup anymore. We’ve spent the last six years building a company that you can feel secure about. And as one of the fastest growing tech companies, we want you to help us grow, too.
About Our Backend Team Lead
Dynamic Yield is on the lookout for an organized Backend Team Lead to effectively manage and expertly guide team members to ensure high performance of Dynamic Yield products. All points of contact for the team will flow through this position, demanding excellent communication skills and a proactive work ethic to anticipate issues before they arise. Dynamic Yield prides itself on our ability to work effectively in teams and create a positive work environment. Our Team Lead will be expected to reinforce that ethos by delivering smooth team operations in a collaborative environment.
Leading a cross-functional team of engineers with varying skill sets (backend, data, QA etc’), this role will require a deep understanding of our recommendations system: from algorithms calculating personalized recommendations, Spark powered data pipeline, through our high scale/low latency dockerized serving layer. Ultimately, success in this role is for someone with the technical skills running in the background while inspiring his/her team to consistently perform above expectations in the foreground – an inspiring leader with a strong technical skillset.
- Participate in the creation of project plans, task breakdowns, and time estimation
- Be the go-to leader and own projects from design-ready to delivery
- Manage the team assignments and priorities based on the roadmap, incoming requests, and ongoing maintenance
- Create and convey technical spec per project to the team responsible for overall quality, performance, and maintainability
- Manage the team load while ensuring developers on the team are available to work efficiently on their assigned tasks
- Be up-to-date on the latest technical knowledge and software development practices and trends
- Adopt new tools and practices to promote the efficiency of your team
- Provide regular updates to project managers and their managers with ongoing and immediate updates for issues encountered
Optimal Skills for Success:
- BSc. Computer Science or similar discipline
- At least 5 years of industry experience
- At least 2 years of managing teams of 3+ members
- Experience with high scale production systems
- Experience leading end to end development processes from design to production
- Experience with CI/CD and Testing methodologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience in at least one of the following is a must:
- Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Big Data tech
- AWS or any other cloud solutions