Who we are
Dynamic Yield’s personalization technology stack helps marketers increase revenue by automatically personalizing each customer interaction across the web, mobile web, mobile apps and email. The company’s advanced customer segmentation engine uses machine learning to build actionable customer segments in real time, enabling marketers to take instant action via personalization, recommendations, automatic optimization & real-time messaging - in a single platform.
Why work here
These are the perks and the benefits which await you when you join our team.
Fueled minds start with square meals. Our offices provide healthy snack options to keep you productive throughout the day.
We keep the team spirit going at all times, with numerous events and activities happening in the office, but also outside of the office.
This isn’t some little startup anymore. We’ve spent the last 8 years building a company that you can feel secure about. And as one of the fastest growing tech companies, we want you to help us grow, too.
About our Big Data Team Lead
Dynamic Yield is on the lookout for a Big Data team lead to lead the Analytics team. The team specializes in processing big data using leading big data technologies. Dynamic Yield prides itself on the ability to work effectively in teams and create a positive work environment. Our Team Lead will be expected to reinforce that ethos by delivering smooth team operations in a collaborative environment.
The position is intended for an experienced leader who has experience leading teams that have a complex agenda with high autonomy in both team management and project management. Leads in Dynamic Yield are expected to gain deep business understanding and work with the product team on the best way to deliver the required features. Success in this role requires empowering the team members, the developers’ satisfaction and growth are key measurement criteria.
- Participate in the creation of project plans, task breakdowns, and time estimation
- Be the go-to leader and own projects from design-ready to delivery
- Manage the team assignments and priorities based on the roadmap, incoming requests, and ongoing maintenance
- Create and convey technical spec per project to the team responsible for overall quality, performance, and maintainability
- Manage the team load while ensuring developers on the team are available to work efficiently on their assigned tasks
- Be up-to-date on the latest technical knowledge and software development practices and trends
- Adopt new tools and practices to promote the efficiency of your team
- Provide regular updates to the rest of the organization with ongoing and immediate updates for issues encountered
Optimal Skills for Success:
- 3-4 years of experience in leading a team of developers
- 2-3 years of experience with Java or Scala
- Experience working with Agile based methodologies
- Ability to review architectural designs
- Ability to design, code, and maintain Big Data solutions - both batch and stream processing (Kafka, Spark, Flink, Hbase, Cassandra)
- Experience with Cloud environments- must, AWS technologies- an advantage
- Experience with containers- must, Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes - an advantage
- Experience with Snowflake - an advantage