Careers at Dynamic Yield
About Dynamic Yield
Dynamic Yield’s personalization technology stack helps marketers increase revenue by automatically personalizing each customer interaction across the web, mobile web, mobile apps and email. The company’s advanced customer segmentation engine uses machine learning to build actionable customer segments in real time, enabling marketers to take instant action via personalization, recommendations, automatic optimization & real-time messaging - in a single platform.
Dynamic Yield personalizes the experiences of more than 600 million users globally and counts industry leaders like Under Armour, Urban Outfitters, Sephora & Ocado among its many customers. Based in New York, the company has more than 140 employees in six offices worldwide.
About Our DevOps Engineer
Dynamic Yield is on the lookout for a “dynamic” DevOps Engineer - a role for someone with the word ‘agility’ tattooed behind their eyelids. This role is the link between development and deployment, highlighting the ability to think like an engineer and function as an operations professional. Dynamic Yield is committed to quality products timely delivery cycles. Merging those two is the mission for our high-quality DevOps Engineer.
We’re looking for someone who has the customer in mind, in terms of deployment frequency, dependable releases, and in close alignment with business objectives. The goal is to reduce the time between committing changes, updates, and product launches in normal production while maintaining the highest standards possible. Essentially, our DevOps Engineer is a speed demon with a serious case of OCD.
- Script, script, script regardless of language
- Troubleshoot large applications – You need to know what to do when something complex breaks down
- Administer *nix (At minimum, the basics)
- Java and/or Python experience - big part of our stack. Will be best if you know your way around it.
- Manage an application’s lifecycle – CI/CD, source control & automated testing
- Intermediate Coding
- Familiar with AWS or other cloud solutions.
- Code OK – We don’t just operate stuff, we build new stuff too
- Find your way around the HTTP/TCP stack
Optimal Skills for Success:
- Experienced with Docker in production
- Experience with Jenkins, Git, Nagios, Graphite, Chef (our current tool belt)
- AWS Cost reduction experience
- Experience with non-relational DBs (especially the Hadoop ecosystem)
- Pro-active Thinker
- Quick learner
- Strong Communications skills, being able to speak techie to engineers, simplify for customers, and everything in between
- Contributed to any FOSS projects
- Have a cool DIY project to show off
Dynamic Yield is home base for creative, dynamic, and engaging employees. We’re thought leaders in a growth industry chock full of talent and enthusiasm in creating the best product in the world, hands down.
With locations around the world, the sun never sets on our team as they dream, explore, and build. This is the team you’ll be a part of.
We offer competitive salaries that repeatedly set the industry norm with performance-based bonuses, ongoing training and development, and career opportunities to rapidly grow into leadership roles as Dynamic Yield fulfills its potential.
Each one of our offices has its own flavor of culture, offering a variety of perks and services offered to employees such as yoga, boot camp, and other wellness packages. Company meals, group outings, happy hours and other forms of team building are encouraged and supported – we want our players to be a team.
Thanks for your interest in Dynamic Yield! Please take a moment to tell us about yourself and we'll be in touch.