Careers at Dynamic Yield
Full Stack Developer
About Dynamic Yield
Dynamic Yield’s personalization technology stack helps marketers increase revenue by automatically personalizing each customer interaction across the web, mobile web, mobile apps and email. The company’s advanced customer segmentation engine uses machine learning to build actionable customer segments in real time, enabling marketers to take instant action via personalization, recommendations, automatic optimization & real-time messaging - in a single platform.
Dynamic Yield personalizes the experiences of more than 600 million users globally and counts industry leaders like Under Armour, Urban Outfitters, Sephora & Ocado among its many customers. Based in New York, the company has more than 140 employees in six offices worldwide.
About Our Full Stack Developer
Dynamic Yield is on the lookout for a “dynamic” Full Stack Developer. This role is for someone who appreciates the geeky behind-the-scenes world of back-end development while still is nuanced enough for the front-end user experience. Dynamic Yield’s products are powerful tools for clients, but they need to be balanced with an ease of functionality. Our Full Stack Developers need to work with and understand both sides of development when building and working with applications.
The major responsibilities include a range of components, including delivering quality products, content and coding recommendations, and driving all web, app, and email experiences. Success in this role requires functional knowledge and ability to take a concept and see it through its completed product cycle, balancing the needs of the back-end and front-end teams. A jack-of-all-trades who has an eye on the prize from beginning to end.
- Deliver quality product and content recommendations in low latency from multiple data centers, modern client-side scripting for running personalized experiences, data collection at a significant scale
- Drive web, app and e-mail based experiences.
- Be able to write in client- and server-side JS, Python, Scala/Akka, and use ElasticSearch and Redis
- Stay updated on new and emerging technologies
Optimal Skills for Success:
- Degree in computer science or a related discipline from a top university
- At least three years of professional software development experience
- Scala, Python, Java- advantage
- Excellent understanding of how the web works
- A plus: experience with Big Data and NoSQL technologies (e.g. Redis, Elasticsearch, Spark, Flink, HBase)
- Good vibe and strong communication skills. Sharing our achievements, supporting each other and having a positive, productive and inclusive environment is super important to us
- Innovative, experienced developers interested in proactive roles in shaping technology
Dynamic Yield is home base for creative, dynamic, and engaging employees. We’re thought leaders in a growth industry chock full of talent and enthusiasm in creating the best product in the world, hands down.
With locations around the world, the sun never sets on our team as they dream, explore, and build. This is the team you’ll be a part of.
We offer competitive salaries that repeatedly set the industry norm with performance-based bonuses, ongoing training and development, and career opportunities to rapidly grow into leadership roles as Dynamic Yield fulfills its potential.
Each one of our offices has its own flavor of culture, offering a variety of perks and services offered to employees such as yoga, boot camp, and other wellness packages. Company meals, group outings, happy hours and other forms of team building are encouraged and supported – we want our players to be a team.
Thanks for your interest in Dynamic Yield! Please take a moment to tell us about yourself and we'll be in touch.