Careers at Dynamic Yield
Big Data Developer
About Dynamic Yield
Dynamic Yield’s personalization technology stack helps marketers increase revenue by automatically personalizing each customer interaction across the web, mobile web, mobile apps and email. The company’s advanced customer segmentation engine uses machine learning to build actionable customer segments in real time, enabling marketers to take instant action via personalization, recommendations, automatic optimization & real-time messaging - in a single platform.
Dynamic Yield personalizes the experiences of more than 600 million users globally and counts industry leaders like Under Armour, Urban Outfitters, Sephora & Ocado among its many customers. Based in New York, the company has more than 140 employees in six offices worldwide.
About Our Big Data Developer
Dynamic Yield is on the lookout for a “dynamic” Big Data Developer. We’re talking BIG data – a role for an exceptional developer with an aptitude for new technology. Responsible for the company’s data pipeline, the job requires someone with the aptitude to collect, process, and analyze HUGE amounts of data. The skills required are for someone with the analytical knowhow and has an organizational super power while pushing the boundaries to solve real business problems.
The Big Data Team is responsible for processing incoming and outgoing daily data, ensuring that the software, the company, and the teams responsible are all humming gingerly along. Our stack includes HBase, Kafka, Redis, Java/Scala and Akka Streams. This position is for the the outstanding softare developer comfortable with those technologies and who possesses strong OOP capabilities, deep understanding of distributed systems, and a familiarity with Agile methodologies.
- Leverage copious amounts of data
- Boost engagement on leading e-commerce and media websites, leveraging huge amounts of data
- Present strong opinions on how to maximize technological impact and be proactively involved with product planning
- Proactive team communications focused on problem-solving and product impact
- Work effectively in a technically diverse and fast-paced environment
- Be fully responsible for the product’s lifecycle - from design and development to deployment
Optimal Skills for Success:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from a top university or relevant army experience (Self-taught hackers are also welcome)
- A passion for clean, robust code and performance tuning
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience
- Excellent knowledge of an OO language
- Ability to work with an inspired team of positive people with a knack for bringing fun into the work space.
- Experience with Big Data / NoSQL technologies (e.g. Spark, HBase, Redis)
- Experience with Kafka
Dynamic Yield is home base for creative, dynamic, and engaging employees. We’re thought leaders in a growth industry chock full of talent and enthusiasm in creating the best product in the world, hands down.
With locations around the world, the sun never sets on our team as they dream, explore, and build. This is the team you’ll be a part of.
We offer competitive salaries that repeatedly set the industry norm with performance-based bonuses, ongoing training and development, and career opportunities to rapidly grow into leadership roles as Dynamic Yield fulfills its potential.
Each one of our offices has its own flavor of culture, offering a variety of perks and services offered to employees such as yoga, boot camp, and other wellness packages. Company meals, group outings, happy hours and other forms of team building are encouraged and supported – we want our players to be a team.
Thanks for your interest in Dynamic Yield! Please take a moment to tell us about yourself and we'll be in touch.