Careers at Dynamic Yield
About Dynamic Yield
Dynamic Yield’s personalization technology stack helps marketers increase revenue by automatically personalizing each customer interaction across the web, mobile web, mobile apps and email. The company’s advanced customer segmentation engine uses machine learning to build actionable customer segments in real time, enabling marketers to take instant action via personalization, recommendations, automatic optimization & real-time messaging - in a single platform.
Dynamic Yield personalizes the experiences of more than 600 million users globally and counts industry leaders like Under Armour, Urban Outfitters, Sephora & Ocado among its many customers. Based in New York, the company has more than 140 employees in six offices worldwide.
About Our Solution Engineer
Dynamic Yield is on the lookout for a “dynamic” Solutions Engineer. This is a role for the proverbial jack-of-all-trades. The skill set requires someone with the technological know-how combined with a natural-born communicator simplifying geeky jargon into Cliff’s Note simplicity. Not a “cog in the machine” role; it’s a dynamic one that involved specialization in coding with someone who has a flair for communication.
On the front-end, our Solutions Engineer supports sales team in all aspects, serving as the technical master of the conversation. Behind the scenes, creativity is king – coding front-end web personalization for prospects’ websites. Overall, the role is for someone who is adept at being able to simplify and communicate to our in-house teams and, most importantly, to potential clients and valued customers – directly impacting the growth of the company.
- Support Sales Directors with product knowledge and technical knowledge
- Pitch large commerce companies
- Act as the main authority in sales meetings for all product and technology-related topics
- Deliver technical and/or product presentations and demonstrations, featuring the value of the platform
- Communicate highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, from software engineers to executive-level decision makers
- Manage the platform's demo environment, ensuring that our team consistently delivers great product demos
- Train and empower the sales team, specifically pertaining to the topics of product, technology, and competitive positioning
- Work cross-functionally between teams, including sales, marketing, product, and engineering.
- Write answers and be accountable for lengthy, complex RFPs and security questionnaires
- Constantly learn, stay up-to-date on competitive solutions, products and services
- Develop miscellaneous coding projects that support sales cycles and proof-of-concepts as needed
Optimal Skills for Success:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or completion of web development boot camp or equivalent experience
- 3-8 years of full-time work experience at a tech company or a startup
- Marketing technology experience
- World-class written and verbal communication (Writing and speaking is one of the most important aspects of the job)
- An ability to simplify complex topics, and always relate technical explanations back to the business value of the product
- Quick, on-your-feet thinking, especially in meetings where you might be asked rapid-fire questions
- Problem-solving skills that enable you to identify the best solutions, given a list of prospect business requirements
- An intrinsic curiosity and desire to always learn more in order to keep up with our rapid pace of development and the pace of the industry
- A positive, team-first attitude, and an intrinsic desire to help your colleagues and peers
- Ability to give and receive honest feedback (while still being a fun person to work with)
- Comfortable working day-to-day with cloud-based workflow tools such as Salesforce, Google Apps, and Slack
- Ability to travel 30%.
Dynamic Yield is home base for creative, dynamic, and engaging employees. We’re thought leaders in a growth industry chock full of talent and enthusiasm in creating the best product in the world, hands down.
With locations around the world, the sun never sets on our team as they dream, explore, and build. This is the team you’ll be a part of.
We offer competitive salaries that repeatedly set the industry norm with performance-based bonuses, ongoing training and development, and career opportunities to rapidly grow into leadership roles as Dynamic Yield fulfills its potential.
Each one of our offices has its own flavor of culture, offering a variety of perks and services offered to employees such as yoga, boot camp, and other wellness packages. Company meals, group outings, happy hours and other forms of team building are encouraged and supported – we want our players to be a team.
Thanks for your interest in Dynamic Yield! Please take a moment to tell us about yourself and we'll be in touch.