A brand that makes clothes to last a lifetime, Sweaty Betty’s products come with higher price points and require more product education than average sportswear. This can be overwhelming for shoppers, so one of Sweaty Betty’s goals was to simplify and guide the product discovery process with personalized quizzes for leggings and bras.
While the brand had seen some success using a third-party system to implement on-site quizzes, this solution was ultimately unscalable as it became impractical to consistently test and optimize the quiz for unique visitor types. Through Experience OS, Sweaty Betty launched template-based quizzes that could be tested and adjusted with ease, increasing the viability and impact of this guided selling approach. The quizzes were powered by a custom-built Experience OS recommendation strategy that filtered the most popular leggings based on the answer profile of the user.
With these two quiz templates, Sweaty Betty gained the ability to easily run tests and adjust the recommendations strategy powering the on-site quizzes, making this strategy scalable in the long run.
Since the new quizzes went live, Sweaty Betty has seen an overall +1.93% uplift in the average order value (AOV), a +7% increase in conversion rates, and a +62% uplift in same-session revenue compared to the previous quiz experiences.
On Black Friday, Sweaty Betty wanted to minimize the time between an add-to-cart action and the final transaction, ensuring more conversions from site visitors. To achieve this, they implemented a personalized pop-up to visitors containing scarcity messaging (“limited stock”), as well as the amount of money the visitor would save if the checkout occurred at that moment. This number was based on the individual’s cart and differed for each user.
The pop-up was shown to 95% of users who added an item to the basket and proceeded to browse two more pages (indicating reasonable intent to buy). The remaining 5% of visitors in this group served as the control in order to measure uplift.
As a result of the personalized pop-up, Sweaty Betty saw a +3% uplift in incremental revenue in the UK and a +8.3% uplift in incremental revenue in the EU.