Last Updated September 18, 2016
The Information We Collect
In the course of operating the Platform and providing our services, DY collects the following types of information (collectively, the “Information”).
- Personal Information. Our Clients and/or their e-mail service providers (“ESPs”) may send us your e-mail address and/or other personal identifiers under a variety of circumstances outside of DY’s control, including after you have opted to receive marketing or other communications from such Client. Note that our Clients have their own policies that govern how they collect, use, and share data, even when such collection and use may be carried out, directly or indirectly, by DY from time to time. Please consult the privacy policies of our Client’s websites you visit and apps you use to become familiar with their privacy practices.
- Information from Your Activity. Information that we or our technology providers may automatically collect when you visit, access, and/or use our Clients’ websites (the “Websites”), include your IP address; referring URL; time stamp; browser type and language; operating system; screen height; screen width; color depth; whether your computer is Java enabled; Internet connection type; whether or not your browser accepts cookies; pages viewed on the Websites; products viewed, placed in the cart, and purchased on the Websites; quantity, price, and purchase ID of products placed in cart and/or purchased on the Websites; and custom page data, as defined by our Clients.
- Inferred Information. Based on the Information we collect from your Website activity, search terms entered through your browser, and information gleaned from previous DY cookies and local storage, we may infer other information, such as zip code, country, state, time zone, weather, temperature, heat index, wind chill, or proximity to a shipping location.
- Children’s Online Personal Information. DY does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children in the EU who are under the age of sixteen (16) through the Site. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without his/her consent, then he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files. Further, The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires parental consent for collection of data from children younger than the age of 13 years old. Please consult our Client’s websites to determine their compliance with COPPA. For tips on protecting children's privacy online, generally, please view the FTC's website at http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens.html
How We Use and Share the Information
DY uses and shares the Information only as follows:
- When we receive your e-mail address and/or other personal identifiers, we may analyze such data and instruct our Clients and/or their ESPs what content to insert into marketing or other communications to you. Our Clients and/or their ESPs will then send you a tailored e-mail based on our instructions.
- Our technical staff may require periodic access to Information to monitor system performance and network capacity, test and fix systems, and develop and implement upgrades to systems.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand visitors to the Websites, and to improve the Platform, products and services, we may analyze the Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Platform and/or our products and services. This aggregate Information does not identify you personally.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, affiliates, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or in response to lawful requests by applicable local law enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies, or agencies with responsibility to oversee and enforce national security; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of DY or others.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
You may also opt out/in of Dynamic Yield services by clicking this button:
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents/Privacy Shield Certification
DY complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. DY has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view DY’s certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/US-Businesses.
How to Contact Us
Attn: Security Officer
175 Varick Street
New York, New York